Tuesday, August 16, 2011

REVIEW - Pink Spa

Recently contact by Tori McKeand, a representative of Pink Spa, to test and review some of their products. This is a fairly new company, started in 11/2010. “So what is Pink Spa?  It’s a company that allows you to get together with all your girlfriends for a much needed relaxing spa night! Relax while our consultant shows you all of our amazing products.  Recharge yourself with the luxuriousness we have to offer.  Rejuvenate your skin with our exfoliating products and leave your skin with a fresh, young and healthy glow.”

Keep reading to see my review of some of their products!
This is everything that she sent to me

Aquatico Salt Scrub (full size) – The site claims “Fortified with natural botanical oils and skin softening shea butter, European spa salts and lightly exfoliating jojoba beads, astringent rose and lemon powders.” I’ve used this product for just over a month now, in fact it’s almost gone. I use it 3 to 4 times a week, mainly on my elbows and knees since those are the areas that seem the most dry/rough to me. I liked the smell of this scrub. It reminded me of the ocean, but in a spa ocean sort of way (strange I know). I feel like this did a good job at exfoliating my skin, but I didn’t notice my skin being any softer than before. Price $13 for 4 oz.


Sugar Scrub in “Tropical Sunrise” (sample size) –The site claims “Sugar scrubs offer you a healthy and natural way to exfoliate, cleanse and balance dead, dry skin cells leaving your skin naturally smooth and soft. Formulated with only the richest natural ingredients.” I used this product on my elbow, because as we all know are elbow tend to need a little bit more attention than other areas. The product had a nice, also fruity, smell to it. The consistency was like a thin lotion, like if you mixed water into your lotion. I personally didn’t notice any difference from the elbow that I used it on, from the elbow that I didn’t use it on. I used a sample size, which seemed like a decent amount for one elbow, maybe the full size is different. Price $10 for 4 oz.

Body Soufflé in “Malibu Lime” (sample size) – The site claims “The Body Soufflé has a pearlescent luster that appears to be thick and whipped cream-like. Although it feels light and fluffy, the Soufflé still provides a luxurious and nurturing experience.” I really liked this product a lot. The site also claims that “It revitalizes the skin by enhancing its firmness and elasticity, providing a youthful look and feel”, however since I used a sample size I am not sure how well the firming action actually works. I thought the smell was nice as well. It had a certain spa like smell, yet it reminded me of the beach. This product rubbed in nicely and left a nice moisturized feeling, I really enjoyed it – this was my FAVORITE! Price $15 for 8 oz.

Body Butter in “Tropical Sunrise” (sample size) – The site claims “Whipped body butter is a light and fluffy hydration cream that penetrates deeply into the skin delivering advanced moisture to overly dry and cracked skin.” The butter applies smoothly and is thick. My skin felt instantly smooth, soft – almost silky - and felt that way for a while after application. The scent reminds me of cocoa butter, if you like cocoa butter this is the scent for you. Price: $10.50 for 4 oz.

Body Lotion in “Pink Love” (sample size) – The site claims “finest quality, made with special care in mind to be light, non-greasy and leave your hands and body feeling silky and smooth.” I was not a fan. The lotion was thin and after a short time, I felt like I needed more. My hands did not feel greasy; however they didn’t have that soft moisturized feeling either. The scent reminded me of a Victoria’s Secret lotion (I believe the name is “Love Spell”). It’s a sweet scent. Price: $10 for 8 oz.

Pedi Polish & Whip in “Margarita” (sample) – The site claims that the polish will "... remove dry and flaking skin effectively. It softens and conditions skin with all natural sugar cane, sea salt, lotion and oils." and that the whip is "... a light, fluffy hydration cream that softens and delivers advanced moisture to dry skin."  When I was first rubbing this product on I wasn't wowed by it, just felt like a gentle exfoliator. I thought the scent was nice, actually I thought it was fun (I know I'm strange :) ). It smelled like limes, or a regular margarita. After applying the polish, I then rubbed in the whip. This left my feet feeling really soft - nice! Then the next day when I got home from work, in which I have to wear steel toed boots, my feet still felt really soft. I'm not sure how these products would work without each other, but I was a big fan of them together. Price: Polish $10 for  Whip $10.50 for

Also, I received a punch card or a "Preferred Customer Card". With this card for every $10 you spend you get a punch, once you get 10 punches you get $10 off. Something I think the company could benefit from would be to put suggestions for use on their products. While some will know exactly how to use a product, others might not.


Thank you Tori for allowing me to test and review your products!!!


Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

Love

Foxy

No comments: