Friday, May 27, 2011

It’s ALL About the LIPS!

So I’ve recently gotten some new lip colors and I decided to swatch them and share my opinions of them, hope you enjoy and maybe this will help you so you don’t waste your money!

This first picture is my natural lip so you can see the natural color of my lips:

  1. Sally Hansen’s Lip Butter in Rosebud and Nectar (picked up at the DollarTree)
It claims that this is a hint of color. The hint is virtually undetectable, but would be a nice gloss layered on top of a lipstick, stain or pencil. The formula was not sticky. The scent sort of reminded my of my lip gloss from when I was a little girl, that “cheap” smell. For only a $1, it’s a good find but I wouldn’t pay any more than $1 for it.

  1. L’Oreal Crayon Grande in Tender Kiss, Suede and Brownstone (picked up at the DollarTree)
This is creamy smooth pencil. It applies very smoothly which is nice. This leaves a creamy matte finish yet smooth finish to your lips. There was a slight smell but not off putting. Again, for only a $1 it’s a good find but since I found them at the DollarTree there weren’t very many color options. Tender Kiss looked good on me, however I don’t think the others looked very good.

Here is Brownstone with Nectar on top
 

  1. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Timeless Nude and Infinite Rose (Walgreens for $8.99)
I thought the color selection was very nice, many shades to choose from. The formula didn’t feel sticky. However, I thought this was the WORST smelling lip product I’ve ever used. I would NOT repurchase this product; in fact their new home will be the trash can. How can I smile and want someone near me if I feel like I stink?!?!?

  1. L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Tickled Pink, Peach Fuzz, Sandstone and Wild Plum (Ulta $6)
I thought the color selection was very nice; there were probably 30 shades to choose from. The formula was very creamy and made my lips feel moisturized. The smell was a typical L’Oreal lipstick smell, you know the powdery smell. You can find these pretty much at any drug store and even find a coupon in the paper for these. I would recommend these lipsticks to others.

Hope you found this review helpful and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Love,

Foxy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dollar Tree always has some really great buys!