Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Product Review – Bath and Body Works “Into the Wild”


Ok so I think the design is cute, I love the colors and springy. Bath and Body Works state that their scent contains “a seductive blend of exotic mandarin, lush petals, and white woods”. The lotion formula is” fortified with powerful ingredients like super conditioning Shea Butter, fast absorbing Jojoba Oil and protective Vitamin E, hydrates skin with moisture that lasts all day.” (Source: Bath and Body Works).

When I first put this lotion on I noticed an unpleasant scent, which is probably be the mandarin. The scent isn’t very pungent like most of the Bath and Body Works lotions; in fact it’s a very light scent which is nice. No one in the office here has complained yetJ. After a few moments the unpleasant scent diminishes and the scent is tolerable. The lotion is the same as the rest of the Bath and Body Works lotions, leave my hands feeling soft and smooth.

            The also contains “parabens”. For those that aren’t familiar with “parabens”, here is some information I researched for you from Wikipedia and here is what I found:


“Parabens are a class of chemicals widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Parabens are effective preservatives in many types of formulas. These compounds, and their salts, are used primarily for their bactericidal and fungicidal properties. They can be found in shampoos, commercial moisturizers, shaving gels, personal lubricants, topical/parenteral pharmaceuticals, spray tanning solution, makeup, and toothpaste. They are also used as food additives.
They are becoming increasingly controversial, however, because they have been found in extremely low concentrations in breast cancer tumors (an average of 20 nanograms/g of tissue).Parabens have also displayed the ability to weakly mimic estrogen (a hormone known to play a role in the development of breast cancer). No causal link between parabens and cancer has been established, however.”
My recommendation would be to do your own research and decide if you want to live a paraben free life. If you have any additional questions, please let me know!

Love,

Foxy

DISCLOSURE: I purchase this lotion myself. I earned no monetary compensation for this review from the brand nor did it in any way influence my opinion. These opinions are mine.

No comments: