Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub



Recently you seen that I went to “The Body Shop” for the first time and got a few products. I was really excited to get these products home and try them out. I’ve used the body scrub in “Mango” for a week and thought I would share my thoughts on it.

“The Body Shop” makes the following claims for this product (Click HERE for info):

Best if you want to: Have soft, glowing skin with this oil-based, soft-textured scrub that is packed with exfoliating salt grains and organic sugar.

Best for: very dry skin

How it works: Mango seed oil moisturizes and softens skin without being greasy. Community Trade organic cane sugar and salt grains gently exfoliate skin. Community Trade organic soy oil, rich in essential fatty acids, helps repair skin’s moisture barrier for smooth, supple skin.

Key Ingredients:

  • Mango Seed Oil - Moisturizes the skin.
  • Salt - Gently exfoliates the skin.
  • Organic soya oil - Has moisturizing and healing properties that make it ideal for intensive skin care treatments. It's also a source of income for organic farmers in Brazil.
  • Organic Sugar - Gently exfoliates the skin. Enables small-scale sugar cane growers to enjoy improved living conditions and to fund medical clinics.
  • Sunflower Seed Oil - Moisturizes and helps to soften the skin.

How To Use: Massage in circular movements over your body while in the bath or shower to help remove dead skin cells and boost circulation. Use two or three times per week for maximum effect. Regular exfoliating and massaging can help tone and firm the skin. Use after cleansing with Mango Bath & Shower Gel or Soap.

Thoughts- I LOVED this scrub! It smells really nice and tropical, makes me want to take a trip the beach even more. It wasn't abrasive like other scrubs I’ve used. In fact I used the exfoliating gloves that I got along with this product for extra exfoliation. It goes on very easily and a little goes a long way. The oils in it, leaves your skin feeling so silky smooth. It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

I love this stuff too! It smells so good, as does everything else from the body shop! great post, now following x

Jacki Brown said...

It was the first product I ever got and I love it so I guess I'll be going back soon to see what else I can find :)

Starryskies214 said...

Just the name of this makes me want some! But after your review, I'm definitley gonna have to check it out!!